WE TAKE FRAUD SERIOUSLY
We implement fraud detection to help guard against credit card fraud, as well as other forms of fraudulent behavior. If our system finds anything suspicious about an order, it will be flagged for manual review by our team.
Some common reasons the order will be marked for manual review is:
- Your detected location and the billing address provided are too far apart.
- The country the credit card issuer is in is different from the country you’re in.
- The order has come from outside Australia or New Zealand.
If the order is flagged, we will pre-authorise your payment until such time the order can be verified. Should a suspected fraudulent order not be verified, the order will be cancelled and the pre-authorisation cancelled.
Sometimes the fraud detection system will flag an order that it thinks is suspicious but actually isn’t. This is common when the order is placed over a VPN or Proxy service because your location is often obscured and appears far away from the billing address provided when it actually isn’t.
What can I do to fix it?
Any orders that are marked for manual review will be manually reviewed by a human being on the same day. However, if you need the order to go through as soon as possible, you can do any of the following:
- If you were connected to a VPN or proxy service at the time of the order, place it again while disconnected from the VPN.
- Email email@example.com with your order number. We can usually accept the order, however we may ask for some Government-issued ID to prove that the name and address provided is in fact yours.
How is an order verified?
In the first instance an email will be send informing the status of the order.
Depending on the severity score our fraud detection software has allocated there will be instructions within the email to provide verifying information relating to the order.
In some instances we may ask for some Government-issued ID to prove that the name and address provided is in fact yours.
Share brand or product details
Pair large text with an image to give focus to your chosen product, collection, or blog post. Add details on availability, style, or even provide a review.